Fintotal News Analysis | HRA Can Be Claimed During Child Care Leave Too
HRA Can Be Claimed During Child Care Leave Too
Ruby Jacob, 21 Sep 2012

If you are a government employee you are entitled to HRA when on leave for a total of 180 days in a year. The Finance Ministry had issued notice recently in clarification of the same.

If your leaves have exceeded 180 days you can draw House Rent Allowance (HRA) for the first 180 days. 180 days includes all kinds of leaves including Maternity Leave and Child Care Leave (CCL). HRA can be paid for non-medical leaves over 180 days subject to conditions. This practice is in effect since 1 September 2008.

The notice was issued in response to queries by women representatives who said their HRA was being held when they went on child care leave in continuation with maternity leave of 180 days. So if by some chance HRA was not paid to you on CCL and your leaves did not exceed 180 days, go back and claim it!

Get the all financial products under one roof only at

you will NEVER GO WRONG with us!

Unbiased . Best Deals . Appropriate Products . No Mis-selling